Friends of Finmere School Association
The Friends of Finmere School Association (FOFSA) significantly add to the social and community life of the school by organising a variety of exciting fundraising and social events. FOFSA tries to provide something for everyone and the events organised, such as Quiz Nights, Spring Fete, Easter Trail and Christmas Fayre are all well attended and enjoyed by friends and family of pupils and the local community alike.
All funds from the events go back to the school to support school projects. FOFSA has helped the school to purchase books, iPads, brand new climbing frame apparatus, Christmas theatre trips to mention a few all to enrich the school life of the pupils.
All parents automatically become members of FOFSA when their children join the school. It’s a great way for new parents to make friends with other parents and get involved with school life. FOSFA events also help to build firm relationships between the wider community and the school.
Current Committee 2022/23:
- Chair: Mrs Sophie Edwards
- Treasurer: Mrs Sharon Moore
- Vice Treasurer: Mr Nathan French
Committee Meeting Minutes
- FOFSA AGM Minutes Sept 2019
- FOFSA AGM minutes OCT 2020.pdf
- Fofsa Meeting Minutes Monday 1st Nov 2021
- AGM Meeting 11 10 2021
- AGM Meeting Minutes July 2022
- The Friends of Finmere School AGM 2022 Minutes
FOFSA NEWS & EVENTS:
AmazonSmile is a way customers can support their favourite charitable organization every time they shop with Amazon, at no additional cost.
When you shop using AmazonSmile, you'll find the same Amazon storefront you know and love, with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the eligible purchase price to the charity of your choice, at no additional cost.
Below are the steps to get started on your desktop and mobile devices.
How to use AmazonSmile on a web browser:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select your charity - Finmere School's Charity Number : 1042651
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
How to use AmazonSmile using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (≡)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app -Finmere School's Charity Number : 1042651
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
(Instructions copied from Amazon)
Easyfundraising for Finmere School
Friends of Finmere School Association are registered with Easy Fundraising and if you would like to help raise funds for the school then please follow the instructions below.
How it works - easyfundraising is the simplest way to raise funds for your good cause. You shop online with your favourite stores and you raise money at the same time. It's that easy. We work with thousands of well known retailer including Boden, M&S, Argos, Vodafone and many more. Our retailers love supporting good causes and will donate a percentage of your spend to your cause when you shop with them through the easyfundraising site. For example, spend £50 with Boden and you'll raise £1.25. Insure your car with the RAC and they'll donate up to £30 to your cause. Take out a new mobile contract with Vodafone and raise up to £45.00...we could go on!
And with our Find & Remind tool, we'll even tell you when you start to shop with an easyfundraising retailer, no matter where you are on the web. Which means your cause will never miss out on a donation from our retailers. Sounds good? Then register today - it's as easy as 1,2,3
2. When you've registered, you're ready to shop and raise money!
Simply click on the retailer you want, then shop as you would normally.
When you make a purchase, we'll send you an email telling you how much you've raised and pass the donation to your cause.
3. That's it! We tried to think of step 3, but we couldn't - it's just that easy.
This lottery has been set up specifically to raise money and make a difference for our children!
It's a fantastic way to bring Parents, Carers, Teachers and the wider community together, in partnership with our school, and at the same time give something back.
Your support is greatly appreciated and we wish you good luck!