Primary Physical Education and Sport Premium
Since September 2013, all primary schools across England have received a share of the Government £150m per annum Primary Physical Education and Sport Premium. The funding is ring-fenced and must be spent on improving the provision and quality of PE and sport in primary schools so that pupils develop healthy, active lifestyles.
Finmere C E Primary School has received £18,620.00 for the current academic year.
£2,000 of our grant has been spent on our annual affiliation to North Oxfordshire School Sport Partnership (NOSSP). This affiliation gives Finmere School access to regular expert advice and support from a secondary PE specialist, quality assured professional development training for teachers and teaching assistants, termly networking opportunities for our PE lead, occasional input and support from qualified sports coaches, access to regular sports competitions and festivals including national School Games competitions, support with the development and delivery of primary Change4Life sports clubs, links to quality assured community clubs and leisure providers, data collection to help measure and monitor progress and impact and regular national and local updates relating to PE, children’s health and well-being and school sport.
For a copy of our agreement with North Oxfordshire School Sport Partnership please click here.
Finmere C E Primary School has achieved the Silver Youth Sport Trust Quality Mark 2017-18 for our current PE provision and outcomes.
We are using the remaining £5435.00 to employ a Primary PE Mentor. Primary PE Mentors are trained and deployed by North Oxfordshire School Sport Partnership to support local primary schools to improve the quality and provision of Physical Education for all children. They are all qualified, experienced teachers. Our Primary PE Mentor is
Mrs Sargant who works at Finmere School on a weekly basis.
Their main duties and responsibilities include:
- Promote, develop and support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning in primary PE.
- Help staff to develop confidence and competence by modelling good practice and acting as a mentor.
- Encourage and support schools to provide a broad, rich and engaging PE curriculum.
- Demonstrate and support teachers to achieve high quality outcomes for young people through PE, physical activity and school sport.
- Help schools to understand how high quality PE provision and physical activity contribute to overall school improvement.
- Assist schools to review and update schemes of work in line with new National Curriculum.
- Deliver whole school in-service training for teachers and teaching assistants.
- Support the delivery of school sport clubs targeted at the ‘least active/more vulnerable’ children.
1. Physical Education and sport participation:
a. Supports pupil participation in curriculum PE
b. Supports pupil attitudes to PE
c. Supports an inclusive curriculum which inspires and engages all pupils
d. More confident and competent staff
e. Further enhanced quality of teaching and learning
f. Participation in an increased range of extra-curricular opportunities
g. Enhanced quality of delivery of activities
h. Supports pupil participation in competitive activities including School Games
i. Clearer talent pathways
j. Supports participation in non-competitive/non-School Games activities
k. Supports pupil awareness of opportunities available in the community
2. Attainment, to help ensure that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles eg
a. Improved standards
b. Positive attitudes to health and well-being
c. Positive impact on whole school improvement
d. Supports pupil management
e. Supports behaviour and attendance
f. Supports engagement of disaffected pupils
g. Effectively supports whole school targets
h. Supports academic achievement
i. Supports pupil understanding of the value of PESS to their learning across the school
j. Supports cross curricular links and whole school themes including PE
k. Pupil concentration, commitment, self-esteem and behaviour enhanced
l. Supports positive behaviour and a sense of fair play
m. Good citizenship promoted
Evidence of the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium